Friday, March 9, 2012

The lovely Mr. Holtz

***Flashback to 2005***

I was new to scrapbooking. I only just glanced at Tim Holtz items. Truth be told they always intimidated me. I never knew how I would ever use any of his stuff, it was also not my style. Until a few months ago I never even knew really what his distress ink was!! Little did I know how much that had saved me! hahah

***Present Day***

Looking back I was glad that I did not know what that I know now. I also never even realized that I have and TH items all a long. When I first got into embossing, I was always on the look out for new powders. One day will browsing HL I found a bunch on Clearance. Looking at them the other day I realized that they are TH distress embossing powders!!!! I have had his items for years and never even realized it. Now my collection keeps growing and growing I have newly discovers the distress inks and stickles. I have yet to use the stickles, but I am sure that I will in the near future. 

So looking at how my collection had started and what it is today, a lot has changed in my views on scrapbooking. I can see the change in my styles over the years and my tastes. I know that I will always be changing. Its just cool that you can see yourself grow and change in the style of your layouts. I never noticed mine until about last year when I had to go through all my scrapbooks that I had made. I have learned a lot and have really learned a whole lot more thanks to SB.com! 

Okay now that I think that I am way off topic ahahah. 

Here is what I found out my collection to have started this "horrible" "new" addicition! hahah 

Just embossing powders that I didnt even know started it:



Then it grew to just adding stickles, 


then I added distress inks, little did I know that all my items went together I have most of all the collection items. hahahah 

I also have added some embossing folders and some wonderful tools! So here is my whole TH collection!!!






















 


And my new addiction is driving me crazy, because now I feel incomplete since I have some powders and not the stickles and inks to go with them and its driving me crazy! 





And now I am on a spending freeze for the month! UGH 


Until Next Time ;)







3 comments:

  1. oh my..stickles are so much fun! keep in mind you need to wait a couple of hours for it to dry after using it..i learned the hard way buy putting it on something at a crop and then messing it up by packing up to go.. eekk! i love to scrapbook..as long as you don't mind little ones you can come craft with me at my house sometime! if you want i'll email you my number! ~hl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stickles as well! I normally try to let them dry over night, I keep them in one of my drawers in my JetMax, so I tend to forget about them. I think with all my TH stuff I will start to use them again because they are on my mind! I am trying to find a project I can use a full set on the powder, ink, and stickles on! lol

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for you on SB.com... Can you come on over and answer my PM's? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your wonderful comments! It brings me such joy to read them all!