Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Friend Card

After my shopping trip to JoAnns today, I came home to make a Friend Card for a swap I am in on SB.com. I had wanted a new stamp to make this card with, I found one while at JoAnns. I will also be using one of my new spell binders.


For this Card I used:
JoAnn Craft Essentials White Embossing Powder
Inkadinkado Friend Stamp
The Paper Company Chocolate Texture Cards
VersaMark Embossing pad
Paper Pizazz Pink Flourishes
Maroonish Cardstock
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Six
Texture Boutique ( I know its not a die cutter but it works)

First I took the biggest Spellbinder and cut out my center piece in the Maroon Cardstock for my card with my Texture Boutique. ( Yes I do know that its not a die cutter, but as long as you don't mind the black insert getting cut you can use it. I use an embossing folder under the white piece, for a filler. If you don't have a filler it wont be thick enough to cut your paper.)



I then took my Friends stamp and inked it with my VersaMark pad and stamped the middle of cut out. I took my white embossing powder and embossed the saying. 



I took the Pink Flourish paper and cut a portion down so it would be a little bit smaller that my Chocolate card and would make a brown border.
 I glued it to the card


Lastly I glued the center die cut to the middle of the card and then you are finished. This is a fairly simple and fast card!! :) 



Make sure that you stay tuned to see all my JoAnns findings this week! 
Until Next Time =]


5 comments:

Thank you for all your wonderful comments! It brings me such joy to read them all!