Sunday, March 4, 2012

Goosebumps

Instead of telling you guys how I made the butterflies I decided to make something else with the goose bumps and show you step by step with something else! :)

Supplies you need:

Goosebumps (Of Course hahah!)
Stamp
Ink ( I am using TH Distress Ink)
Stamp Cleaner
Something to apply Goosebumps (I am using a TH Applicator)
A Paper Towel or Tissue



 Then you spray your applicator with the goosebumps. You can't really see but the felt is wet.
 Then you use the applicator to ink your stamp pad. :)  Then you stamp your paper, it will **STICK** to the paper so be careful when you pull your stamp off. You do not want to rip the paper in the process.  You let it dry for a minute or so depending on how thick the goosebumps is on the stamp.

**IMPORTANT**
YOU HAVE TO CLEAN YOUR STAMP OFF RIGHT AWAY! DONT LET IT SIT WITH THE GOOSEBUMPS ON IT DRIES VERY QUICKLY AND ITS HARD TO GET OFF LATER.

This is what your paper is going to look like after you stamp it.




 This is what it looked like after using the first color, Antique Linen. You can see the Image starting to show up. (^) The second color I used was Broken China (<). You can see with the darker colors it starts to show up a lot better! The last color I used on the bunnies was Fired Brick (˅) You an really see the image now! :)                          


 You then use your tissue after you have inked you image the way you want it, and wipe off the goosebumps part and it makes it a lot more clear! I use Peeled Paint after and inked the outside edge of the card.




And there you have the finished product! A goosebumps and Distressed Ink Easter Card. :) I made the butterfly in my Playing Around post. :) There you have it. Sorry the post was late, I haven't been feeling the greatest today. I will try tomorrow to post the other way to use the goosebumps. I will be using it as a texture not a resist.




Until Next Time :)




8 comments:

  1. hi there! that's a cool technique you used! i like how it turned out and love the butterfly ones, too. i saw in your profile you live in ohio..i do, too. i live in between akron and cleveland. i'm gonna follow you to see what you come up with next! have a great day. :) ~hl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I dont know what I will be doing next yet. Kind of been under the weather, I live near Akron! :) Its such a small world!

      Delete
    2. aww...i hope you feel better soon! i live in Northfield! lol i love the goodwill in akron! i'm in that area alot. I also love the crafty stores in fairlawn and at chapel hill. it is a small world! i have a crop i go to almost every weekend. let me know if you'd like to meet some new crafty friends! ~hl

      Delete
    3. Of course! I would love to meet new crafty friends! I love the volunteers of america in brunswick. I found an Sizzix Texture Boutique for 6.00!!!

      Delete
    4. wow! that's a great price! i'm going to a crop in hinckley saturday..do you have plans? heathernovinger@hotmail.com of you want more details!

      Delete
    5. I e-mailed you Heather! :)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of goose bump. Looks interesting. It's similar to resist ink right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I Think. lol I used it as a resist here in this post you can also use it to add texture which I will be showing some time in the near future.

      Delete

Thank you for all your wonderful comments! It brings me such joy to read them all!