Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday- Gift Card Holders

Happy Tuesday All!!!!

As I sit here and type this I realize that today is exactly 2 months and one day until my Birthday! YAY! Don't worry I know I will probably keep reminding everyone. When it gets down to about 3 weeks I start my count down days! hahahah I get so excited!

Anyways back to why you all are here today. Today I will be making gift card holders. If you hadn't guessed it will go to my crafty BFF for her birthday in about a week. :) I am excited for her birthday as well. :)

What you will need:
A piece of Cardstock: 6 3/8inch X 4 1/4inch
Adhesive
MS Scoreboard
Circle Punch
Embellishments

These are very very simple to make.

Step one:
Take your cardstock and on the 6 3/8 inch side you will score at 2 1/8 and 4 5/8.


Step Two:
You are going to fold at your scores. At this point you will deicide if you want to have the bigger flap on the outside or the inside.
This is what each would look like.

Outside:                                                              Inside:







Step Three:
You then apply your adhesive to the right and left side of the decided flap.




Before I did this I used a circle punch and made a half circle punch in about the middle of the flap so the gift card would be easier to take out. You do not have to do this.



Step Four:
Embellish to your hearts content. What I did here is I took my double sided paper and cut off a strip as long as my original size. I then flipped it over so it would be the opposite side of the outside pattern and wrapped my card holder like I would a ribbon. I then took a scalloped circle and placed it in the middle of the top flap. Here is my finish product:
When you are done embellishing then you take some removable adhesive and place it on the flap so it will stay closed. I used Glue Dots. I placed mine in the center, You can also place them at the top and bottom of the flap if you want it to stand up right.

Here are some examples of my finished projects.



Until Next Time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your wonderful comments! It brings me such joy to read them all!